Tuesday, March 13, 2007

 

On the move


It's only been a week since returning from Spring Break and New York (which was a lot of fun, even though we had some interesting experiences...) and I'm ready for another vacation. Fortunately, I have another one coming up. In one week, my mom and I flying down to Texas to visit the University of Texas at Austin, where I might be going for my Master's in Structural Engineering. We'll be down there Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and come back Sunday. I am very excited.

Then, things have really started getting crazy at the Martha Cook Building. March 23 is International Tea, which is open to the public, so if you're interested in food from all over the world, make sure to stop by from 3-5pm (okay, no more shameless plugs for MCB events). The next weekend we're going to Detroit to help out with DP Day, and then after that is Easter Weekend, and the weekend after that is the Martha Cook Spring Tea, another huge event. We're also having the 1st Annual Martha Cook Talent Show that evening (April 14).

Besides all of the exciting events, as the Assistant Rez. Director (basically, the RA), I've been giving tours of the building to potential residents, helping get leases ready, keeping track of the RSVPs for Spring Tea, working with the other girls in the dorm to prepare for next year... the list just goes on! Somehow, between all these responsibilities, I manage to do homework. I also sleep once in a while, fortunately, since sleeping is one of my favorite pasttimes. I also play Sudoku.

I'm very nervous about graduate school. I feel like I have no idea what I'm getting myself into. I don't remember feeling this anxious about undergraduate. My biggest worry is how I'm going to pay for school, especially if I go to Texas and am out-of-state. Will I be able to get a teaching assistant position, or will I do research. What will classes be like? Will there be opportunities to be as involved around campus? Where will I live? How will I be able to make it 4 months or more without seeing my mom if I go to Texas? How stressful will the move be if I have to do it in one week? Why does Michigan get out so late in December??

Well, I'll let you know how it goes when I'm back from Texas.

Until then... GO BLUE!

Kaitlyn

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?