Monday, January 22, 2007

 

Winter '07


January is almost over, and it feels like it has just begun. The new semester has been a whirlwind of class presentations (all ready!), social outings, and plain-old homework.

My Christmas was good. My mom, my sister and I flew to Las Vegas to spend the holidays with my mom's family. My grandparents and my mom's sibling's families all met in Nevada for a few days, and then some of us went down to Tucson to stay at my grandparent's house. Just before New Year's, we drove up to Phoenix to stay with my aunt. The shopping in Phoenix is amazing. It seems like any store you can think of is in Phoenix.

Unfortunately, our plane back to MI left at 6am on New Year's Day, so we didn't stay up late to welcome the new year. I managed to wake up for about 15 minutes around midnight to see the rerun of the ball dropping in NYC.

For Spring Break, a friend and I are planning to go to Montreal, Canada. I'm not quite sure why it's so expensive to go there, since most people head south instead of north, but hopefully we can find a good deal somewhere. I'm excited to go there... I've wanted to since high school. The closest I've gotten is Windsor, Canada. Hopefully in Montreal I'll be able to put my 8 years of French to good use.

That is all for me right now.

Until next time.... Go Blue!

Kaitlyn

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?